Friday, March 16, 2012

arms to hold

He is two years of age.
No longer does his body curl up like a round ball in my arms.
And I watch this new one
Wrapped in this pink and white striped gown,
Her deep auburn strands shining in the window light,
And I think, I need to enjoy it;
Every moment that I have.
Because he won't let me do this anymore.
He barely pauses for a hug,
One long enough to satisfy my aching heart.
Our time is so precious
It is truly a gift.
Thank You, Lord
Thank You for this gift
Life and love and happiness is mine.
I don't deserve it.
Help this momma,
My mind to calm
And my heart to feel,
My arms to hold 
And love.
All that You've given
With all that I am.



1 comment:

Not sure how to comment? Click on the box below and pick one. You may pick 'name' if you have no google account and you don't have to fill in the 'URL' box.
Then, comment away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails