Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010...

The warm glow of the lights and the smell of hot chocolate and bagels fill the air this morning. It was not his first Christmas, but it might as well be. 


This is the year he helped to open gifts, his face lit up with joy, and paper and boxes amuse him. This is the year we will always remember. 


My husband thoughtfully wrapped a present he knew I would enjoy. He gave me a Shootsac! Will got some black "Chuck's" and car keys that make a bunch of noise...no, I mean a bunch. And Tyler got some new Doc's. As I look around my house cluttered with gifts and memories, I think that it's over. But the best Gift isn't. The very first Gift. The most amazing Gift. The Gift that started it all.

Jesus Christ, our Gift of Salvation, that came so long ago to be born in a lowly manger, the Lamb of Christmas, the God-Man born to die, He is our Gift of gifts. He is still here and although a special Gift I accepted long ago, can still be thoroughly loved and enjoyed.

Every time I chose to speak with my blessed Saviour, or read His Love-Letter to me, I can re-open my precious gift from the very first Christmas!

Lord, help me to not lose sight of the most wonderful present ever received...Yourself.


Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not sure how to comment? Click on the box below and pick one. You may pick 'name' if you have no google account and you don't have to fill in the 'URL' box.
Then, comment away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails