Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I didn't document them enough

I think back to things we've done this summer as a family and I have several pictures. Every pictures bring a new and beautiful memory of our life together. But when I think back to the Christmas holiday last year, I have a hard time finding my memories. Life as a new mom. Snuggling with my newborn. Holding him close to smell his sweet milky breath. Why can't I find these memories? I didn't document them enough.

I have a few pictures here and there, but not many. So the other day, I made the decision, "I will learn to use the self-timer and I WILL document memories with my son." Here's my first.


Granted it's not very good, but it's something. Not for anyone else, but for me. I didn't have any make-up on. I still hadn't even gotten dressed. Yet, I will cherish this "10 month-old-mommy-and-me" photo forever. And will hopefully remember to make some more "mommy-and-me's" every once in awhile.

Tyler took these when he saw me frantically trying to work the self-timer in the backyard. (I love that guy!) :)


Get out there and get in some pics WITH your kids :)

2 comments:

  1. I love these - and you are so right! I am trying to capture more and more of me with them. I NEVER want to forget. You have such a cutie on you hands.
    Our little baby boys are close in age. Malachi will be a year old in 9 days... Oh my has the year FLOWN by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have enough pictures of myself with my babies either. Practically none at all. I don't like to be in front of the camera as much as I like to be behind it. But I guess I should put that behind me and just do that for my children.
    By the way. I love your look in the bottom set of three pictures that Tyler took. You look so pretty in the brown top and I should have mentioned that to you on Sunday when I talked with you!! Brings out those lovely brown eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Not sure how to comment? Click on the box below and pick one. You may pick 'name' if you have no google account and you don't have to fill in the 'URL' box.
Then, comment away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails